Party of four

Party of four

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy....

Down in my heart!

Hello friends and family!  We are thrilled to announce Aubrey Grier Connelly's arrival into our family.  She arrived on Saturday, January 12th at 12:03PM and weighed 7lbs. 9oz.  She even beat out her brother in length as she is a whopping 20 1/2 inches!  We thought that I was in labor on Friday and went to the hospital only to find out that altough my contractions were 2-4 minutes apart, nothing else was progressing.  Northside held us overnight as they felt I was on the verge of hard labor but Miss Grier decided her home was a little too cozy.  So, on Saturday morning we induced labor.  Once the process began she came very swiftly....thank the Lord! 

We are so thankful for such JOY in the midst of a lot of strife.  I know God specifically planned her arrival for this very time in our lives for a reason.  God is so good!  Grier is doing great and she has such a sweet temperament.  She loves to snuggle with mommy and daddy.  Her big brother Jackson has been wonderful with the transition.  He loves to "help" us with her and has only shown concern over the fact that their "binkys" (aka pacifiers) look the same.  I'm in the midst of differentiating them.  When he saw her this morning he said, "Come on Grier, go play" so I think he's going to be a great big brother!

Reyn continues to do well and we are certainly leaning toward surgery at Duke.  We haven't officially decided but all signs point to "GO" as far as surgery goes.  We just need to figure out the appropriate timing and logistics of the matter.  Right now we are thinking 4-6 weeks from now but please pray with us as we make this decision.  It obviously gets a little tricky with a newborn but we know God will lead us in the right direction.  We love you all! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jordan! I love the name! Aubrey is a family name on my side, so it's extra special to me! :) Congratulations and I hope to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you guys. I ope you will post pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete