Party of four

Party of four

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I think I can, I think I can....

Hello all!


Things are going well at the Casa de Connelly.  I'm usually so worn out by the end of the day that the above stolen from the little engine that could is my chant....but it's a good exhaustion!  I'm so relieved that my hubby and children are doing well....and the benefit of being exhausted is that I sleep like a rock at night ;). I must thank our newborn daughter for enjoying her sleep as well.  She has been sleeping through the night (for the most part) since she reached 4 weeks!!  And now she is even sleeping 9-10 hours at night.  I'm not bragging, ok maybe I am a little ;). We are very grateful that God saw fit to give us a rather easy baby in the middle of everything else going on in our lives.  I just joke that God knew we couldn't handle anymore drama...so he gave us a girl made of mostly sugar.

And Jackson is doing great!  He loves his baby sister and asks her to play "Thomas the train" with him quite often.  I keep telling him soon enough she will be able to play with him but for now baby Grier enjoys her sleep.  Jackson had his 2 year wellness appointment today and he continues to grow like a weed.  He is in the 95th percentile for height...gonna be tall like daddy!

Reyn is doing phenomenally well.  He is gaining energy each day and feeling better day by day.  Last Friday was a tough day for him as he came off of the steroid he was on.  It was a relatively quick taper off of the drug and side effects can include joint pain.  He experienced severe joint pain that day but was feeling much better the next day.  I'm still baffled at his quick recovery from such a major surgery!  God is so good!  For the first time in a long time last night felt like a normal night here at home.  Reyn spent the evening making fun of me for watching "The Bachelor" on TV and made witty remarks throughout the entire show.  It was fun to laugh with my hubby again....even if it was over "The Bachelor."  I think he will be up for visitors soon so I will be sure to let everyone know.  I'm still making him rest as much as possible!

Thank you again for all of the prayers, phone calls and emails.


Love,

Jordan

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Grayson prays for you all every night. If we could all have the faith of small children then we would never falter or worry. So glad things are calm and normal.

    ReplyDelete