Party of four

Party of four

Monday, March 25, 2013

Welcome Spring

The Connellys are welcoming Spring with open arms!  This has been the hardest winter of our lives, figuratively speaking as well!  I told someone recently this was the best and worst winter of my life.  God blessed us with such a sweet baby girl as we struggled to comprehend Reyn's brain tumor diagnosis.  The last 4 months have been an emotional rollercoaster.  I have spent some days feeling almost normal and accepting that God has this under control.  At other times I just avoided God completely or shook my fists at Him in anger.  Im so glad that God loves me in spite of myself and that I dont serve a fickle God!  He is faithful and He continues to remind me of that each day.

This afternoon Reyn and I head back to Duke for his follow up appointment.  He is scheduled for an MRI at 8:15 pm tonight followed by two appointments on Tuesday.  He and I are flying up this time so it should be a short trip.  He has a clinic appointment at 10 am tomorrow and an appointment with the surgeon at 12:45pm to discuss the new MRI results.  I am anxious and excited to see what the MRI reveals post surgery.  He estimated that he removed approximately 70% of the tumor through surgery so the MRI will tell the story now.  He let us know that surgery would not eliminate the entire tumor so Reyn may undergo chemotherapy in the future.  He has certain deletions on particular chromosomes that make chemo a favorable option to treat any remaining tumor....but this we will learn more about during our appointments with the doctor.  I'm still praying for a clear MRI because we know God is capable!  But we are willing to accept whatever the MRI shows.  I'm sure many people think I am delusional to continue to expect miraculous healing but since my God parted the Red Sea, a brain tumor is a small task!

I will update after our appointments tomorrow.  In the meantime please pray for safety as we travel and pray that our babies do well while we are away.  Thank you to Grammie and Mimi for taking care of our babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment