Party of four

Party of four

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Great Visit to Duke....

I just read what Jordan posted earlier today, and I echo her thoughts and gratitude.  She was very eloquent and had great perspective.  I could not have said it any better.  I must say that I am very grateful for Jordan being at my side for these visits (even though I continually tell her that she doesn't need to come with me).  She is a wonderful partner and helper, and she has meant so much to me over this last adventurous year.
So we are both back safely from Duke tonight.  It was a quick overnight visit, as usual, but I'm glad to be back in the comforts of our home and back with the babes.  So the bottom line is this:  after a new MRI today, the Dr. says that the remaining tumor tissue has not grown.  In fact, she says that it looks as if it may have become somewhat smaller.  She also said that the healthy brain tissue is "healing nicely" after the surgery (if you did not know, most-but not all-of the tumor was surgically removed back in Feb. this year).  So this is excellent news and we are happy to share it with everyone.  We will be going back in 3 months again for another follow up.  After that, we may start a less frequent recall.  Jordan and I continue to be so impressed with everyone at Duke, but it will be nice to need to go less and less, if all continues to go well.  We will keep you updated every step of the way.
The Connelly's will continue to count our blessings and remain thankful during these Holidays.  We hope you do as well.  Enjoy these days with your families--we certainly will.  As always, thanks for your continued interest in our well-being.  Thanks also for your prayers and well-wishes.  Merry Christmas!  Thank God for the birth of Jesus!

Reyn

No comments:

Post a Comment