Party of four

Party of four

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Wrapping up 2013

I sit here on the radiology floor as Reyn is in the middle of another MRI scan.  This is our fourth trip to Duke this year and we continue to pray for good news.  It's hard to believe that this journey started a little over a year ago.  As the "anniversary" neared I found myself filled with all kinds of emotions. The most overwhelming emotion has been gratitude.  I am grateful for where we are today and how well Reyn is doing.  It is true that if you didn't know he had brain surgery earlier this year, you truly wouldn't know!  I was so scared and completely overwhelmed this time last year.  Reyn took everything in stride, of course but I was an emotional wreck on the inside.  So, looking back a year later I am grateful for:  Reyn, healthy children, family, friends, prayer warriors, shoulders to cry on, great physicians, and most importantly, The Great Physcian.  I would love for us to come up here and one day receive the news that the tumor is gone!  But I don't know God's plan.  I do know that He has been with us throughout the entire journey and I know that regardless of our circumstances, HE IS GOOD.
My heart was heavy last night as we flew in and the pilot announced that we had the honor of carrying a fallen soldier home on our flight.  My eyes filled up with tears for that family that sacrificed so much and would now be burying their loved one this close to Christmas.  It was very special to see the water bridge salute they did in honor of this brave soldier and the ceremony that followed as they brought his body off of the plane.  It was all a reminder to me to be grateful for what we do have and to focus on those things.  This life is so precious but yet so fleeting.  What a reminder to do it right and do our best to live a meaningful life.
We are so grateful for all of you who have stood by our side and helped us over this past year.  Thank you for being the hands and feet of Jesus to us.
I will post again later today once we hear the results of Reyn's MRI.

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment