Party of four

Party of four

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Will Trust You, Lord

This past week has been a tough week for me emotionally.  The great deceiver has been working hard on me and bringing a lot of "what ifs" to mind.  The reality of such a daunting surgery is knocking on our doorstep and I have felt overwhelmed.  God has reminded me that His Son experienced every emotion I am feeling and every tear that I have cried He has accounted for.  I know the Lord loves me and loves our family because His Word says so.  Satan wants me to believe differently but I know where my strength and security lie.  I share this all to say thank you for your continued prayers and please continue to pray for PEACE specifically.  We have felt your prayers and are so grateful for your support.  Many of you know our story but I feel it necessary to share with you some of the circumstances surrounding us over the past few years...because if you don't believe God is constantly at work in your life, maybe this will change your outlook.

2 years ago Reyn was asked to be in a Men's group (CLC) at Johnson Ferry.  It was a great commitment as the 12 men in the group had to commit to diligently study God's Word and meet every Monday morning from 6AM-8AM.  Reyn's day began at 4:45AM!  When Reyn went into this study he loved the Lord very much but the growth and knowledge he developed for the Lord throughout this study blew me away!  He committed to this group and reaped the benefits of a deeper relationship with God.  I find God's timing so interesting and know that He was preparing Reyn to trust Him when faced with the diagnosis of a brain tumor 21 months after beginning his CLC study.  Once again, God has perfect timing!

Also in October of 2011 we were faced with another obstacle.  My mother lost her job.  She is single and we knew she would need help...little did we know we would be the ones needing more help than she needed from us!  When she lost her job God provided a way for us to "finish" our basement within a 6 week period and build an in-law suite for her to come and live with us.  She began keeping Jackson for us throughout the week, as did my mother-in-law.  The relief I felt knowing that he was being cared for by family was tremendous and allowed me to focus more on my job!  Then came Reyn's diagnosis November 19,2012.  If my mother were not here with us right now I would not be surviving.  She not only helps with Jackson but also helps me with Grier!  The best part about this entire scenario is that Reyn & I made an offer on a house that I LOVED in 2007.  It had the most beautiful kitchen and walk-in closet but God didn't see fit for us to buy that house.  I was so mad at Him for not giving us that house, especially when I found out months later that it sold for the EXACT amount we had offered a few months before.  It didn't make sense to me at the time but God reminded me years later when my mother lost her job-- that the house I just had to have, had NO BASEMENT.  He knew we would need my mom here for this time in our lives so thank you God for your provision and for the gift of reminding me that you know what the future holds, even when I think I have all of the answers!

I'm sorry if I have bounced around a bit but felt the need to share the above.  God has given us such sweet time with our family and newest addition.  We are just loving our cuddly sweet baby girl.  I think she already has daddy wrapped around her finger!  We continue to prepare for our trip and we are just ready to get through surgery.  It will be tough to leave Jackson at home but I know that Pop Pop and Momo with take great care of him!  I will update the blog with any updates on Reyn while in Durham.  Please pray for safe travels on the 13th and for peace of mind leading up to surgery on the 15th. 

Love,

Jordan

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl. HE IS SO GOOD. I didn't know that story about wanting another house. Yall's story is drawing us all closer to our Maker and I am forever thankful for your transparency. You rock. Faithfully praying. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing confirmation about God's sovereign plan!!! Love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete