Party of four

Party of four

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Reflections

The chaos of our lives seems to have slowed ever so slightly so it has given me a time to reflect on these past few months.  Someone asked me over Easter what I had learned throughout all of this.  I simply smiled and responded, "Perspective."  God has taught me more in the past few months about perspective than I could ever thank Him for.  All of the things that I allowed to consume me with stress in the past seem to take a backseat these days.  I am able to respond instead of react in many situations.  Most importantly I value every minute that I have with my family...there is simply nothing more precious.  God has shown us such great love through so many of you that we have never even met.  I have asked myself many times if I would have gone out of my way to bless a friend or stranger the way you all have blessed us.  Before November of last year I think my "busy schedule" may have gotten in the way, but thankfully now I know what is important. 

I would add to my "lessons" over the past few months that God has taught me He is truly faithful and that He loves us, especially when we are hurting.  Much in the same way we hug our children tighter when they are sick and not feeling well I know for a fact God himself held me together these past few months.

Even with the many lessons I have learned I still had to apologize to my husband a few weeks ago.  I apologized for acting more like a nurse and appointment scheduler than his wife.  My type A, Mrs. Fix It personality took over to some extent.  I was so overwhelmed with getting his medications right that some days I had to remind myself just to love on my husband and just BE with him.  Reyn has been through so much and continues to have such a great outlook on things.  He is so happy to be back to work and his staff was thrilled to see him walk through those doors last Thursday.  I can tell he feels better just getting back into a schedule and seeing patients again.  He has an unparalleled love for his job and it shows!

We know this is a big part of our journey but I know we do not want a brain tumor diagnosis to define us.  Yes, it is part of our story but God is still weaving a beautiful story together for us.  Thanks for being a part of our journey.

Love,

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment