Party of four

Party of four

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Privilege of Prayer

Hey friends!

I called my blog title the Privilege of Prayer because we have been given the great opportunity and responsibility to pray for a family in a very similar situation as us.

I noticed a few days ago that I had a "friend request" on facebook but when I looked at the name I did not recognize the person.  So I ignored it initially.  I  noticed it again a few days later and thought, Well, I'll just accept the request.  It's probably someone who knows Reyn.

But then I received the most interesting message.  It was from a lady, Timea and she lives in Hungary.  She told me that she happened across my blog after her husband was also diagnosed with a brain tumor.  He was actually diagnosed in September of 2012.  He then had surgery and has since been treated with radiation.  His tumor type is the same type that Reyn was initially diagnosed with- an oligoastrocytoma.  Those of you following the blog know that after much prayer Reyn's diagnosis was changed to oligodendroglioma, a less aggressive tumor type.  So...my challenge and request to you is to pray for this sweet family.  The husband's name is Gabor , the Hungarian version of Gabriel.  They are a young couple with 2 daughters.  The most inspiring part of their story to me is that Timea is 16 weeks pregnant with their 3rd child.  She said that back in September she would never have dreamed of having another child but that after considerable prayer, she & Gabor both felt like God was leading them to have another child.  They felt God saying, "Do not be afraid.  Take this gift."  And so they conceived in December. 

So I ask that you pray for the following:

1.  Pray that Gabor regains his strength.  He also has some problems with concentration so please pray for complete healing.
2.  Pray that his tumor would be non-existent at his next MRI.
3.  If the tumor still exists pray that any aggressive cells present would be removed.
4.  Pray for Timea's strength as she seeks to take care of her family and the sweet baby growing in her womb.
5.  Pray for a healthy pregnancy.
6.  Pray that God will be revealed in their situation and that this family will have peace.

What an honor that we can pray for this precious family half a world away!  Thank you all for being willing to lift them up.

Love,

The Connellys

No comments:

Post a Comment